Working to give you a brief respite from the high suck factor of the world around you, here’s a small playlist of goodness to help brighten your day. Playlist is below. Explanations and recriminations come below that.
- Rob Paulsen giving you some fantastic improv-ed cartoon voices. If you don’t know who he is, don’t worry: he’ll explain everything.
- A classic bit from I Love Lucy.
- Another classic: this time it’s Art Carney appearing on What’s My Line? from 1959. And yes, that is a very young Joan Collins on the panel.
- The UK version of the show Set List. Did it ever show over here? Not sure. Regardless, one of my favorite bits from the run: Reggie Watts giving a fantastic improv-ed love song. Kinda.
- A small bit from Mock the Week, with “Scenes We’d Like to See.” It’s fairly self-explanatory.
- We end with one of my favorite live music performances ever. It’s Stevie Wonder on Sesame Street. I post this often, because it never gets old and it will always put you in a good mood. If not, you might want to check your pulse.