In fact, here’s a poem from William LOL Williams now:
Im in ur wet red wheelbarrow
Bout to eat ur white chickenz
So here’s the deal. We’re going to throw you a snippet of poem, transinto LOLspeak.
Your task is as follows:
- 1. Identify the poem and poet correctly
2. Translate some more of the poem into LOLspeak.
Those we like we’ll post on the site. The best one gets fabulous prizes. Doc is ponying up a copy of Confucius to Cummings: An Anthology of Poetry. I’ve reached into the loot closet here at Needcoffee and pulled out: Lost: The Complete Third Season on DVD and The Simpsons Handbook: Secret Tips From the Pros. That’s $125 worth of swag for a few misspelled words. What a deal.
We need rules.
- 1. Worldwide entries. Why not? This offer is void where prohibited, though. Like if LOLspeak is illegal where you hail from. But you still have to be 18 to enter.
2. The staff here at Needcoffee are the judges and our decision is final.
3. One entry per person.
5. Contest ends April 10th at 11:59PM EST.
6. As always, remember: DBAD.
Clear? As mud? Good. Here’s your mystery LOLsnippet:
Teh day is like wide bukkit, without walrus
She awake but feet asleep WTF
Sleepin feet walkin to Palestine
Blood! Sepulchre! Rulez!
Get to it, amigos. If this goes well, we could do one of these, with other fabulous prizes, each week for National Poetry Month. If this goes poorly, we will never speak of this again.