We’re back. The sound quality is better. Out of the four of us, I sound the worst, so you’re not missing much. We’re still working on it.
Also, a bear breathes into a microphone at times. We have killed it and eaten it.
Direct download here.
Here’s the agenda:
- The end of the WGA strike and what it means to The Colbert Report
- Our plan to watch the Oscar highlights on YouTube afterwards
- Fond memories of the One Cool Thing from each Oscars broadcast
- The impact to Los Angeles of a world with no Golden Globes
- Needcoffee offers their services to the Golden Globes
- Joan Rivers
- Paris Hilton vs. Melissa Rivers
- Grammys post-mortem
- Kanye West, Amy Winehouse
- The curse of Best New Artist?
- Winehouse vs. Bono
- Winehouse’s future
- The best reality television show idea–ever
- The return of Dog; Doc calls for Congressional oversight
- The best reality television show idea–ever–improved
- Rob with cynicism for the win
- Discussion of the Spears family
- Flavor Flav reads The Bible
- Ice Cube and his money-making terrible movies
- Martin Short, please come home
- The difference between family films and porn
- Doc’s new movie career
- The best reality television show idea–ever–improved–again
- Jack Thompson
- The game console of choice for budding assassins
- How to become an expert
- What to use a trebuchet for
- Knight Rider and denial
- The Get Smart movie
- Red Hulk and The Unique Geek
- Michael Bailey and Views From the Longbox
- Goat testicles
- Watchmen the Musical
- Rob on Jumper
- Last minute Oscar predictions–the Oscar Guy (Note: I state in the podcast that O.G. mentions Into the Wild as winning, but I had looked at the wrong page on his site, he actually predicts No Country for Old Men)
Of course, special thanks go out to Clutch for letting us use their absolutely badass song, “Promoter (of earthbound causes)” as our theme music for this.
BTW, you iTunes subscriber types can nab this feed here.
Or if you want to do something else with it, the feed feed is here.