If you haven’t read the series, you will be confused and bewildered. And these could be considered spoilers, although we tried to stay as non-specific as possible.
So if you haven’t read the series through Book 4, go away. In fact, go away to Amazon and buy them instead. They rock our collective world. Have some links: Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, Book 4.
1. Always, always, always heed your direwolf.
2. If for whatever reason you lose your direwolf, you are well and truly fucked.
3. Take heart in the fact that no matter how bad it gets, it can always get worse.
4. If there is the slightest chance that a conspiracy is working against you, then a conspiracy is working against you.
5. If there is no chance at all that a conspiracy is working against you, then a conspiracy is working against you.
6. Redemption, if it comes at all, generally comes too late to be of much use to anyone.
7. Resurrections are rather unpleasant.
8. So are weddings.
9. Never give a mountain an inch. Especially one that moves.
10. If somebody’s been in your family for years, as a hostage, there’s generally a reason why.
11. If a law’s been around for three hundred years, there’s generally a reason why.
12. If somebody went to the trouble to build a bloody great ice wall, there’s generally a reason why.
13. If you ever find yourself on top, then make the most of it while you can–you won’t be there long.
14. Ranging is for suckers.
This list created by Bailey, Cosette, Siege and myself. Have suggestions for additional ones? If they fit, we’ll add them. Hit us up in the Comments.